It is that time of year again, at least in the States where people celebrate the holiday known as Thanksgiving. This year I compiled some of my favorite vegan Thanksgiving recipes. My partner and I have decided to not celebrate at all. No dinner or anything, but I definitely will make a harvest dinner on the weekend. The actual day of the holiday, I have decided to volunteer my time to help feed those in need. I encourage all those who do celebrate to consider volunteering, giving money to progressive Native American causes, or educating yourself about the history of this holiday. If you do have a dinner, as always I recommend eating vegan.
Vegan Thanksgiving Sides Dish Recipes
- Biscuits. –I love biscuits! Get the 3-ingredient Coconut Oil Biscuit recipe by Gimmesomeoven
2. Mashed Cauliflower– I am convinced that cauliflower is magic, it is so versatile. This is Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes by The Cookie Rookie.
3. Mushroom Gravy– I could not include mashed potatoes without the gravy. Find this Mushroom Gravy recipe at the Garden Grazer.
4. Over Roasted Green Beans- Find this Oven Roasted Green Bean recipe at CulinaryHill.com
5. Savory Fat-Free Mushroom Risotto- My partner loves risotto, so this could be a great twist on one of his favs. Find the Fat-Free Mushroom Risotto recipe at Brand New Vegan.
6. Macaroni and cheese- I do love me some mac and cheese, I have been on the hunt for a great one. Find the Smokey Butternut Mac and Cheese at Allysonkramer.com
Main Course Vegan Recipe Ideas
7. Mushroom Meatballs- These looked awesome. This recipe is for Mushroom Meatballs and you can find the recipe at Cooktoria.
8. Thanksgiving Meatless Loaf – I used to love meatloaf, and this is a great meatless option for Thanksgiving. Find the Meat-less Meatloaf recipe at the Fat-Free Vegan.
9. Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf- If you aren’t a fan of tofu, try this option for Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf at the Connoisseur Vegan.
10. BBQ Jackfruit Fried Chicken- We have been trying to find this but I decided to make it instead. Find my recipe for this here.
11. Cauliflower Fried Pieces- Just in case we do not find Jackfruit, the backup will be Fried Cauliflower Pieces. I found this at Jcooks
12. Tofurky- Again, not a fan of Tofu, but I do like the “fake meat.” Find out how to make the perfect Tofurky at I Love Vegan.
Vegan Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
13. Healthy Pumpkin Pie- I love pumpkin pie. Find this Health Pumpkin Pie Recipe at Chocolate Covered Katie.
14. Vegan Cinnamon Rolls- Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? Find this Vegan Cinnamon Rolls recipe at Veganosity.
15. Vegan Sweet Potatoe Pie- I am honestly afraid to try this given that this pie is a tradition in my household. I am Black! So, we shall see. Find this Vegan Sweet Potatoe Pie recipe at Seventh Generation.
I hope you are able to try some of these recipes. To save for later, pin this recipe.
This Post Has 2 Comments
I can’t thank you enough for this post!! This is my first vegan Thanksgiving and this is going to help so so much! I can’t wait to try some of these.
Thanks! I hope it goes well for you.