Decorating on a budget has proven to be rather difficult for me. I have been stalking Pinterest for just the right look for each space in my apartment. I love the look of round coffee tables. The last coffee table I bought almost 5 years ago was over $400, but I did not have the money for that this time around. I decided I would make one on my own. There are plenty of Ikea hacks on Pinterest and came across one that was neat and easy. The finished product:
I started with this:
It was a rather easy job. I just needed to buy the original piece for $49.99 and then some gold spray paint. I bought three cans just in case.
- Take the pieces out and lay across some old news paper or cardboard (I did this on my balcony and used the box from the table).
- Spray the surfaces. Hold the spray can about 12 inches away and move a a slow even pace for proper coverage.
- After waiting several hours to dry (I waited a day), flip the pieces over and repeat the painting process.
- Wait for the pieces to dry (one more day!)
- I tried to use sandpaper to even out some of the drips – although this can be a difficult task.
- Put the pieces together according to the Ikea instructions.
- Inspect for any missed spot and touch up.