Who does not love growing peppers in the summertime? Recently, I have been trying to find more hot sauce recipes so that I can use more of my pepper harvest. Previously I have made a taste roasted garlic hot sauce that I love. Branching out, I came upon a hot sauce recipe from chili pepper madness that I wanted to try. Mixing cilantro into the mix, this recipe is definitely a lot spicier than my other hot sauce. I think because there are no fruits or vegetables to balance out the heat. With that said, try at your own risk!
Health Benefits of Habaneros
Looking up some of the health benefits, I found that habaneros can:
1. Lower your cholesterol
2. Reduce blood pressure
3. Fight weight gain
4. Help prevent cancer
To read more, visit Eco Watch
Gather Your Ingredients
The ingredients are listed below, but once you gather them, be sure to add them to a food processor, you can use a blender if you don’t have one.
- 30 habanero peppers
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Stem and chop the habanero peppers. Place them into a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well chopped and combined.
- Add to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool. I put it back in the blender, to break it down a bit more.
- Pour into a bottle and use it all up!