Fall is in full effect! I am really not feeling it now that I have moved to an even hotter region of the United States, Florida. Gosh darn it, it’s hot! The weather makes it hard to get in a proper Fall mood, but I figured I would try with these Vegan Pumpkin donuts. I love this recipe, but be sure to properly grease your donut pan.
If you wonder where to get a donut pan? Try this one below, or go over to Michaels. They usually have them readily available.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice?
The recipe calls for pumpkin spice. I have never seen this in the store, but it’s rather easy to make it at home. Mix together these ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
After you get that, you are in business to make your own vegan pumpkin donuts. I had to make these twice, because I used all of those spices. I didn’t bother to read closely.
Good to know the next time I made them to ease up on the pumpkin spice. Ginger powder is disgusting.
I cooked my donuts for about 10 minutes, but I wanted them immediately and realize I had not greased my donut pan properly. They aren’t so pretty but they were good, and really it cut down on using any sort of processed sugar.
These were a perfect for a decadent breakfast on a lazy Sunday. I love these. I got some coffee and enjoyed them.
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a donut pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Stir until well combined.
- Divide the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Make the icing by whisking together the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice. Add additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired thickness.
- Allow donuts to cool and dip into frosting mix.